As a 2019 Georgia “Super Lawyer,” Evan continues to fight for clients day in, day out throughout Georgia courtrooms. Evan focuses his practice on all areas of criminal defense, to include both misdemeanor and felony cases of all varieties. To date, Evan has defended thousands of clients and earned a reputation as an attorney willing to go the distance to obtain results.
Evan believes in a client-centered approach to representation, where strategy and preparation come first and always have your input. Evan also has a strong network of both attorneys and professionals throughout the legal industry to collaborate with on various cases and situations arising throughout representation.
As a member of the Georgia criminal defense bar, Evan regularly attends training and continuing education to stay current on the latest defense strategies. Evan is a member of various professional groups including the Georgia Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers (GACDL). In 2010, Evan graduated GACDL’s Bill Daniels Trial Advocacy Program, an intensive program designed to give trial attorneys the real-world instruction and experience they need to master the art and science of courtroom advocacy. Evan is the past President of the Forsyth County Criminal Defense Bar (2015) and past member of the Forsyth County Tripartite Committee.
Evan graduated from Riverwood High School, in Atlanta’s Sandy Springs area and went on to earn a degree in Business Administration from The Citadel, The Military College of South Carolina. At The Citadel, Evan excelled in academics and military leadership, earning both Dean’s List and Commandant’s List Honors, as well as serving in leadership positions within his unit. Evan also was a member of the South Carolina National Guard while at The Citadel, with an 11B MOS. He earned his J.D. from the Charleston School of Law in 2008. While in Charleston, Evan helped to spearhead the “My Study Place” initiative, a program that placed personal desks in the homes of over 50 local elementary school students.
Other Training and Credentials
- Defense of Drinking Drivers Institute, Winter Session 2013, Atlanta, Georgia, 16 class hours
- Forensic Alcohol Consulting, Intoxilyzer 9000 Training, Spring 2013
- National College of DUI Defense (NCDD), Spring Session 2011, New Orleans, Louisiana, 20.5 class hours
- Georgia Assoc. of Criminal Defense Lawyers (GACDL), Bill Daniels Trial Advocacy Program, Fall 2010, Pine Mountain, Georgia, 30 class hours
- National College of DUI Defense, Spring 2010, 3 Day Breath Testing Course, 20 class hours
- National Highway Transportation Safety Admin. (NHTSA), Fall 2009, DUI Detection & Field Sobriety Testing Course, 24 class and workshop hours
- National College of DUI Defense, Summer Session 2009 (NCDD), Cambridge, Massachusetts, 20.5 class hours
- Institute for Continuing Legal Education in Georgia (ICLE), Carlson on Evidence, Spring 2009, 8 class hours
- National Highway Transportation Safety Admin. (NHTSA), Spring 2009, DUI Detection & Field Sobriety Testing Instructor Course, 32 class and workshop hours
- Georgia Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers (GACDL), 2008 Fall Seminar, 16 class hours
Professional Associations & Memberships
- The National College of DUI Defense
- The Georgia Trial Lawyers Association
- The Georgia Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- The State Bar of Georgia, Criminal Defense Section
- The National Trial Lawyers, Top 100