One of Georgia’s premier DUI attorneys, Peter Zeliff graduated from the Georgia State University College of Law in 1998 where he received top honors for his advocacy skills in several Moot Court competitions.
After graduating law school, Peter learned the art of criminal defense in one of the best training grounds for defense attorneys – the DeKalb County Public Defender’s Office, where he worked from 1998 until 2002. He then worked at Head, Thomas, Webb and Willis for seven years, and subsequently launched his own practice, eventually partnering with Evan Watson in 2011 to form Zeliff | Watson.
Success and Recognition
Peter has twice been named one of Georgia’s “Super Lawyers” (2007 and 2009), and was voted a “Rising Star” by his colleagues in the Georgia criminal defense bar. With over ten years of experience defending Georgians against DUI and other criminal charges, Peter knows first-hand how devastating it can be to face these kinds of charges, and how important it is to secure experienced, skilled representation as soon as possible.
In 2012 Zeliff | Watson won six jury trials and three bench trials in their DUI and criminal defense cases. Of the firm's six DUI trial wins, the prosecutor had admitted breath tests that were over the limit in half of them. The facts in these cases were tough due to the fact that they included breath tests over the limit and clients that had failed their field sobriety tests. On Avvo.com there are client reviews on many of these cases from 2012.
Contact Zeliff | Watson for a free consultation!
Recent DUI Specific Training
- Intoxilyzer 9000 Training, Forensic Alcohol Consulting, 2013
Classes and Seminars
- “Jury Trials vs. Bench Trials” — Georgia Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers (GACDL), 2007
- Speaker, “Ethics” in Hilton Head, South Carolina, GACDL Seminar, 2004
- Panelist, “Professionalism in DUI Cases: Four Perspectives”, Institute for Continuing Legal Education (ICLE), 2008
Honors & Awards
- Voted a “Rising Star” by Georgia Attorneys in the Area of Criminal Defense
- Georgia Super Lawyers, 2007 – Present
- Georgia Super Lawyers, 2009 – Present
Professional Associations & Memberships
- State Bar of Georgia
- Forsyth County Bar Association
- Georgia Association of Criminal Defense Attorneys
- National Association of Criminal Defense Attorneys