DUI with Injury
Have you been arrested in Forsyth County?
Simple DUI charges in our state are already taken very seriously by prosecutors and judges. DUI offenses that involve accidents with injuries (DUI Serious Injury) are dealt with even more seriously. People who are arrested for DUI with injury not only face charges related to the act of driving while under the influence, but also for causing bodily harm to another or others.
- The penalties given out for this offense can include:
- a minimum of 1 to 15 years in prison, per charge
- Years of probation or parole
- Restitution paid to the victim or the victim's family (in addition to civil lawsuits)
- Mandatory alcohol evaluations, treatment, and courses
- DUI School, alcohol awareness, VIP, etc. courses
- Long-term suspension of your driver's license, with no hardship options
- Hundreds of hours of community service
- electronic alcohol monitoring and continual testing
- Thousands of dollars of fines, fees, and state surcharges
If you are facing DUI with injury charges, a DUI lawyer at Zeliff | Watson can provide you with legal support in your case. With 25 years of experience in criminal defense, we possess the tools and defense strategies necessary to provide you with comprehensive representation throughout your DUI proceedings. We will employ these resources to the fullest extent in order to maximize your chances of a successful resolution to your case.
Remember, even though a DUI serious injury case faces extremely enhanced penalties, the underlying charge is DUI, making the case one we have defended hundreds, into the thousands of times. A DUI defense attorney is essential to defend these charges, in order to obtain the best outcome.
About DUI with Injury Cases
A prosecutor in a DUI with injury case must be able to prove the existence of several factors in order to obtain a conviction. They must be able to prove that the person's blood alcohol content ( BAC) reading of .08% or more was accurate. If they cannot do this, they must be able to prove that the person was in some way impaired while operating the vehicle. After intoxication or impairment is proven, they must then prove that the person was responsible for causing the accident which resulted in injury, as well as the nature of the injuries.
If you have been charged with driving under the influence and causing injury, contact a DUI attorney who will defend you in court in an effort to successfully challenge the accusations being made against you.
The following is a non-exhaustive list of courts we defend clients in: