Your Local DUI Defense Team
If you have been charged and arrested in the City of Cumming or Forsyth County, Georgia, for DUI, read this page before you proceed any further. DUI less safe, DUI per se, and DUI Drugs citations carry heavy fines and months of probation in Forsyth County. Unlike other traffic offenses, DUIs are very scientific, and often rely on breath or blood testing, as well as field sobriety tests that will be advertised as "scientific". If you are facing DUI charges, it is not the time to rely on a general practice attorney or someone feeling their way around Forsyth's courthouse for the first time. There is simply too much at stake, with both your freedom and clean record being on the line.
Our Firm Focuses on DUI Defense
Both Attorneys Peter Zeliff and Evan Watson are Forsyth County DUI lawyers focusing a vast majority of their practice on defending DUI crimes. Peter and Evan actually worked side by side at a larger DUI law firm before forming their partnership in 2011. Peter and Evan attend DUI-specific training annually, including some of the first training offered on Forsyth's new Intoxilyzer 9000 machines (2013 seminar). Additionally, Peter and Evan regularly attend DUI legal education where other practitioners in the field share the latest news and strategies on defending DUI cases. Both Evan and Peter have logged classroom hours on NHTSA field sobriety tests, as well as the Intoxilyzer 5000, the Intoxilyzer 9000, and blood testing in Georgia.
Zeliff | Watson has Real DUI Experience
Evan and Peter's DUI experience doesn't end in the classroom: both our lawyers defend dozens of DUIs a year in the Forsyth County State Court. From motions hearings, where we challenge the legality of the stop, the admissibility of field sobriety tests, or the chemical tests, to trials, both judge and jury, Evan and Peter will be seen in Forsyth's courtroom on almost all hearing calendars. In 2012 & 2013, the firm had numerous DUI jury trial wins, even where clients blew over the legal limit AND the test was admitted into evidence for the jury to consider. *This is a critical point, as many lawyers will tell you your case ends if the test you took stays admissible in trial*
We Will Answer These Critical Questions
When interviewing a lawyer to defend you in Cumming or Forsyth County, make sure you consider and ask them:
- How much DUI specific training has that lawyer logged, and when were the last few seminars they went to? Attending a DUI seminar 5 years ago isn't exactly up-to-date.
- How many DUI jury trials has that attorney had in the past 3 years and what were the results?
- What can I expect in Judge McClelland's or Judge Abernathy's courtrooms on a DUI charge? Is there a difference from one court to the other as it relates to hearings, sentencing and other issues?
- How much do you know about Forsyth's new breath machine, the Intoxilyzer 9000? Do you have current cases where you are dealing with this machine? Do you have expert witnesses who can look over this evidence?
- Do you have information or knowledge of the specific officer that arrested me for DUI? Are all deputies and cops in Forsyth trained the same or do some receive more specialized DUI training?
- What is the courtroom procedure for my particular case? Will I have to attend all hearings? Will you be able to negotiate my case before court or do I always have to wait until trial?
- Where is your office? Do you have paralegals and support staff here in Forsyth, or do you simply travel here for court?
- If my breath test or blood test appears to be admissible in trial, would you still go to trial or would you simply recommend I enter a guilty plea to DUI?
These questions are simply provided to give you a basic outline of what questions are important to ask before paying your hard earned money to a lawyer. A DUI arrest and the defense of your case will without a doubt be one of the most important events of your life, one you cannot afford to put in just anyone's hands.
Contact Our DUI Defense Firm or Read More
If you have more questions about DUI charges or how we would defend your case, contact us today. Our website was designed to cover many common DUI questions and provide insight about defending these charges. After looking around, give us a call directly at (770) 676-1340 and speak to us about your case. We will sit down with you, in person, and go over all aspects of your case in detail and discuss starting your defense. We will be happy to answer the above questions and cover many more with you.
For more information on specific DUI information, see the following pages: